It is hard to believe that September is upon us already. Summer has
been glorious and we are simultaneously looking forward to the routine
of autumn. We hope you are too!
Below are a list of September and October events at The Yoga Studio
Squamish Co-operative. As a reminder to everyone, we now take cash or
cheque only ($12 drop in yoga or $100 for a 10-class pass) and are
offering up space rental for $20/hour for any community type events. Email us if you have any questions regarding using the space outside of regular class time.
1. Labour Day weekend – Saturday, Sunday and Monday – September 1st -3rd – ALL Classes are Cancelled, Enjoy the last long weekend of Summer!
2. Tuesday Morning Classes with Sarah return September 18th – Foster
Freedom Fluidity and Joy in your Spine – 7-8:15 am. 7-weeks –
September 18th – October 30th. Early bird price if you pay before
August 31st – $75 (After Sept 1st – $85).
3. Wednesday Evening registered Therapeutic Yoga Class with Annie
Martinello. September 5th – October 24th. Enjoy a slower paced class
with a great focus on working through old injuries, asking questions
and learning together. Limited Space, registration only.
4. NEW! Wednesday Morning – 9:30-11 am At Ease class registration.
Join Sarah for 7-weeks of committed practice for only $70. Give
yourself the gift of health, ease and embodied mindful living. Course
begins September 19th. (drop-in's welcome depending on registration)
5. NEW! Family Yoga with Annie. Begins Tuesdays 3:30 – 4:15 pm – By
Donation (suggested $10-$20 per family). A fun playful practice for
the whole family to enjoy!
6. A new round of kids (aged 2-5) yoga with Sarah on Wednesdays for 6
weeks. 4pm to 4:30pm September 26th to October 31st. Please inquire
for more details.
7. NEW! Howe Sound Women's Centre Theatre Group for Women at the
studio! Fridays at 4 – 5pm. September 14th to October 26th. Free of
Special Weekend Workshops! (www.theyogastudiosquamish.com/workshops-
and-events for more details on each of these great events)
1. Sun Salutations with Annie Martinello – Sunday September 16th - 7-10 am. $35 Explore the depths of alignment through sun salutations with a therapeutic approach. Tea and a light breakfast included.
2. 'Offer Yourself the Gift of Balance' – A 2-day workshop with Sarah.
Saturday September 22nd – 5:30-8 pm & Sunday September 23rd - 7:30-11:30 am. Sunday's practice includes a wholesome organic homemade smoothie and fresh fruit with tea. Investment $90.
3. Guest Teacher workshop Saturday September 29th. 'A Trauma Sensitive Yoga Therapy Workshop' 2pm-6pm – $75 (5 subsidized spaces available) Please Contact Christine Selda at firstname.lastname@example.org for details and registration.
4. Lydia and Sarah are running a retreat, November 23-25th, at the Sea to Sky Retreat Center. There is limited space and registration has already begun. See website for details on this delicious weekend of self love, yoga and yummy vegetarian food. Early Bird registration price until the end of August, only a few more days!
Also, our Full Fall Schedule with teachers names will be posted online by the end of this week. Note that the Saturday Morning 10 am class with Sarah will return to the schedule as of Saturday September 22nd. In other exciting news, Christine Selda has returned from her studies in Europe and will resume teaching her Monday Noon class. We are very happy to have her back! Secondly, Erin Urton, a dear friend, wise woman and gifted teacher has moved back to Squamish from Canmore. She will be teaching the regular Thursday classes on the schedule - YAHOO! Lydia will be away teaching yoga for Patagonia, and supporting
her husband on his attempt at free climbing the Nose in Yosemite until the end of October. She will miss the community dearly, will be missed, and we look forward to cozying up together through the winter months.
We are looking forward to seeing you all sooner than later! And, Please don't hesitate to contact us if you have any questions or concerns regarding the studio.
all of us in the yellow room.
Thanks for your support – See www.theyogastudiosquamish.com for more details and up to date schedule changes and details.